Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blog Clarification



On spot remover bottles there is a warning:  Test this product on a small inconspicuous part of the garment.

To a new blogger there should be the warning:  Before inviting all of your contacts to your blog test your article with a few friends to be sure it is readable and clear.

Today I have bounced back and forth between the overwhelming expressions of love and concern given me by family and friends to the severe awareness that I have caused many people unnecessary worry.  I am very sorry for that.

 Let me reassure you that I am not in a terminal or life-threatening illness.  Over the last few years I have experienced fears, worries, disillusionment and questions that harangue us in seasons of uncertainty, change and loss of any kind.  My experience in an area that is not physical has enlarged my capacity for understanding and appreciating those who deal with heart-breaking prognoses or outcomes.  God’s Word has been especially precious to me in these years and the insights from it are honey-sweet.  I have loved praying God’s Word over friends dealing with illness and other seemingly impossible situations. In posting my first blog I wanted to share some of that sweetness with others, though I didn’t mean to cause any trauma, triviality or misunderstanding. I apologize for any pain I have caused you.

As a new blogger I’ve learned three important things.  One, be very clear.  Two, people care a lot!  And three, I will be far more diligent to comment on patients’ Bridge Pages or Care Pages in the future.  If what I experienced today through the concern and affirmation of friends is any indicator, those comments must deliver healing ointments to the patient’s bed.

Thank you for reading my blog. My PR man and #1 fan Wayne did an excellent job of getting it out there.  Thank you for the promise of your prayers.  I’ll take ‘emJ!

I hope you will continue to read my blog. I’ll try not to make it so traumatic in the future. That’s a way to lose readers! 

Coming up soon:  “Cool Tissues”


No comments:

Post a Comment